Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Dream for Me

My last blog post was about my start to my weight loss journey. But it is really the 'start of getting to were I want to be' journey.

You may remember a while ago that I did a post about my depression. Recently the Big Black Dog came back and bit me on the arse HARD! And I am slowly crawling my way out of it! When I am feeling my lowest I retreat into myself, I hide away from the world. I know that I am the only person that can get myself out of there. I hide from everyone because I don't want to drag people down with me.

If you are my Facebook friend you might have noticed that I have been sharing lots of inspirational quotes lately, I find these help me stay positive and to move onwards and upwards..... I recently received a PM from one of my beautiful friends thanking me for posting them because it was helping her as well.

I have learnt through my journey that negativity and blame within yourself and others doesn't help you. You just have to let it all go, and concentrate on the good things in your life. Onwards and Upwards!

I have been on medication for this illness for 10 years, I have been through lots of different ones trying to find the right ones for me. I know one if the side affects is weight gain, and as I said to my husband last week 'I would rather be fat and happy then skinny and miserable' but I also know that exercise only enhances those happy endorphins. So off to the gym for me :-)

And what's a blog post without a scrappy share? I have used another photo that my friend Tanya from TMK photography took of me last month.

Thanks for Dropping By

D xxx

8 comments:

Chloe said...

Good on you Donna xxx take care xxx
LOVE this page - my new fav of yours :-)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous page! Great to see you are taking care of you and that you have found things that help. looking forward to catching up soon. Take care xx

Leah A said...

Beautiful photo of you Donna and a gorgeous layout. Stay strong. xoxo

Kate said...

beautiful layout Dondon and I am sure you will reach your happy place in the world when you keep all those negative thoughts, people, etc at bay. one day at a time :) lots to look forward to :)

Sar said...

So proud of you, awesome post and your inspirational quotes are helping lots of people each day - including me. Can't wait to see you next week. xx

Leanne J said...

looks awesome Donna.. and yay for all your inspirational quotes. i'm loven them..woot woot..

stay strong.. and love facebook...

Marelize said...

Your layout is beautiful Donna and so is the pic of you. Good luck with the exercise and take care of yourself. xx

Fiona said...

Gorgeous page Donna, absolutely love it!! Love reading your quotes each day, hope you achieve your dream.
Fiona
x

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP