Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

i am imperfect............


I saw this on fat mum slim's blog this morning while I was procrastinating over getting off my butt and doing some house work and I thought it was a great idea. We all have expectations on how our lives are supposed to be and I know I am GUILTY of trying to be someone that I am not.  I am slowing learning to accept that I am not perfect and never will be. What is perfect anyway?  I am who I am and I think we all need to accept and embrace who we are. I am sure that we would be much happier that way, right?

I am imperfect

I procrastinate over everything! 
I am in the overweight range by the BMI scale
I loooove wine (even know that it isn't good for my mental health to drink too much)
I yell at my girls a lot and then wonder why they yell back at me
I HATE housework and avoid it at all costs
I am untidy
I am lazy
My car is a pigsty ( I try to blame the kids, but most of it is mine)
I spend too much time online (but all my friends are in there!)
I hide away at home instead out going out with friends when they invite me places.
I take my husband for granted
Did I tell you that I procrastinate??
I take our financial status for granted
I am a compulsive buyer
I am not a good daughter, I hardly ever visit my parents or in-laws even though they live less than 5 minutes away
I take everything to heart
I read too much into things
I over analyze EVERYTHING!
I sleep far too much (another way I hide away)
I have been known to swear far to much
I have no patience 
I am a dreamer
I expect to much from others but I am guilty of it myself

oh dear, this list could probably go on for pages and pages!

There are some things on the list that I could definitely work on (procrastinating is one of them!)  But I am starting to embrace myself. I am who I am, I need to stop beating myself up and start living and enjoying life.

I challenge you to share your LIST and leave a link in the comments below so I can pop by, and I will do a random draw for a RAK from me.

are you going to join me?

D xx



2 comments:

Paula said...

LOL some of this could be my list...especially the procrastination ;) Haha if you work out how to ditch this, tell me! As you said...what is perfect?! I too am trying to let go of the 'ideal' of perfection & learning to accept everything that I am...imperfections & all! As I tell my kids, we are all perfect in our own way! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I just blogged my list http://deb-a.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/i-am-imperfect.html Definitely some similarities :) Take care xx

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP