Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

another guest designer gig

yep, I have another guest designer gig this month. The gorgeous Helen from Red Earth Scrapping asked me to be her guest designer for their second birthday celebrations. It is a month full of challenges celebrating the 'Year Of The Farmer'

As most of you know I live in Rural Queensland. I have lived on properties since I was 9 years old, after moving to Queensland from Wollongong. I had a few years living in town after I left school but I wasn't really settled with the town life. About 8 years ago my husband and I bought 22 acres on the edge of town. I love the space and the fact that our neighbors weren't just outside. We did have a few cattle for a while, but when the drought hit we sold them as we didn't have enough feed... and of course it flooded not long after and we had enough feed to have 10 times more... but we opted to have horses agisted instead, not that that has gone well either ggrrr

I have chosen a photo to scrap of my youngest daughter yabbying in our dam. One of the many memories of my childhood was spending hours in the farm dam on holidays yabby hunting. I love it when our 'city' friends come to visit and seeing the looks on the kids faces when they catch them in the traps.


can you tell it was a bit windy that day lol

I hope you all pop over here and join the girls in this months challenges



1 comment:

Paula said...

Woohoo, you certainly are a popular girl right now :) congrats Donna! Fabulous layout, love your stamping & that photo!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP